How do I place an order?
- Email or call to confirm what you want included and your zip code so I can calculate freight cost.
- I send a PayPal invoice/Buy Now Button to your email that brings you to payment page.
- Pay with your credit/debit card.
- OR Send a certified bank check (I can offer a 3% discount).
- OR Send a money order (Post Office is easy) (also a 3% discount).
- I will confirm receipt once I have payment.
What is in a kit? How do they come?
- CNC Plywood Kits: Composed of all the precut plywood needed to build the boat: hull & deck. Planking is included with precut, CNC machined scarfs. Molds and/or bulkheads are included. The plywood kit comes with a manual (25-50 pages of step-by-step instructions and photos) as well as a plans package specific to the kit (12 or more 11x17 PDF sheets showing the construction).
- Plywood kits come on 4x8' pallets. The truck comes with a lift gate to lower the pallet just outside your garage.
- Resources: I am a professional boatbuilder, so I have resources! I can pool resources to give you a plywood kit, epoxy and building supplies kit, a sail, and possibly more on a limited basis. It would be best to call so I can see what your needs are and how I can best help. I have several people who can cut the timber components if it does not fit into our timeline. I have spreadsheets of hardware part numbers, epoxy products, supplies, and sails that go with the different boats and if I do not have one, I can make one from my master lists. While these are not packaged into kits, you have access to my lists to help you source the hardware, epoxy, lines, sails and other materials needed to build your boat. I make these resources available to my customers at no charge to help them achieve completion of their project with less stress and greater efficiency. When I can, I will order these supplies and hardware, etc. as a drop shipment to your shop.
Do you have plans for the kit boats?
- Some boats are available as plans only and some boats require the kit to build the boat. See the At a Glance section to see which boats are available as plans only that allow you to build from scratch, without full size patterns or precut kits.
How long does it take to get a kit?
- Turnaround times vary from 3-6 weeks, so please plan ahead!
Call me at 207.602.9587
During business hours I am in the shop all day, so leave a message and I will get back to you in late afternoon or weekend.
I enjoy talking with my builders. So, do not hesitate to call.